One of the first things people notice about your Facebook page is the background color. It’s also one of the most important aspects of your page because it establishes the tone for your brand and the personality of your company or organization.
You have the option of selecting one of six different colors or none at all! to give your page a distinct look that complements its content in both subtle and dramatic ways.
However, if this feature stops working, you’ll be missing out on all of those things. But fret not, read this article to find out how you can fix the background color issue on your Facebook.
How To Fix Background Color Not Working?
1. Clear Cache And Cookies
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap “Apps,” followed by “Storage & USB.”
- Locate and open your Facebook app. You’ll notice a “Clear Cache” button. Tap it to clear your app’s cache.
- Open your device’s settings menu, navigate to Safari (or whatever browser you’re using), tap Advanced, and then scroll down to Website Data (if you don’t see this option in any browser, try rebooting first).
- This will take you to a page where you can manage your account and delete all cookies associated with websites (including Facebook).
- If no items are listed here except for Facebook, it means that no other sites have been set as favorites or bookmarked recently enough for their cookie data to still be present within iOS itself.
- Otherwise, simply select Delete Cookies from under each website listed until only “Bookmarks” remains as an option, at which point simply select Delete All Bookmarks from beneath Bookmarks within Safari itself (this isn’t necessary if there’s only one bookmark folder in).
2. Reinstall App
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for Facebook if you’re using an Android.
- Tap “Uninstall” and then reinstall again.
- Go to the App Store and search for Facebook if you’re using an iOS device (iPhone or iPad). Tap “Uninstall” and then reinstall again.
3. Use Safe Mode
A common issue that Facebook users face is that a white background appears even when they do not want it to. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most common cause is an extension or theme with a coding error.
You must enable safe mode in order to diagnose this problem (which disables all extensions and themes). You then have two choices: wait until the offending extension or theme updates and fixes its problems, or uninstall that extension/theme completely and try something new.
To activate safe mode, follow these steps:
- In the top right corner of any Facebook page, click the hamburger menu icon;
- Choose “Settings”
4. Check For Updates
If you are using an older version of the app that has not been updated, you can check for updates in settings. If you haven’t used Facebook in a while or if there are bugs that could cause problems with your account, you should update your app.
To check for updates, go to:
- Go to your device’s App Store or Play Store and select Updates.
- To update all apps at once, tap Update All, or tap each app individually until it says “Update” next to its name.
5. Logout And Login
- Log out and then back in. This will remove any data that may be causing your problem.
- Reset your network configuration. To clear out any data that may be causing issues with your connection, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings at the bottom of the list.
- Restart your device; restarting a device can often resolve minor software issues that are interfering with functionality.
- To do this, hold down the power button until it completely turns off (you’ll know when this happens),
- Then hold it down again until it restarts (it’ll vibrate).
- Try checking for updates on your iPhone or iPad! On iOS devices, go to Settings > General > Software Update, or on Apple computers, go to www[dot]apple[dot]com/ios/updates/. (or just go there now if updating seems like something worth doing).
So, now that you have access to your Facebook account again, you can resume your previous activities. Remember that if none of these solutions worked for you or if the background color on Facebook still does not appear to be working, you can contact Facebook directly.
If you have any queries regarding any of the fixes listed above, you can ask away in the comments.