Some of you may have noticed issues with the BBC iPlayer service in recent days. If you attempted to play a video on the web, the service may have displayed the following error message: “Something went wrong. Please come back later.” The issue only affected iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users.
About This Error
- Many BBC iPlayer users have reported that the service is not downloading programs and displays error code 02001.
- You must reset your Internet connection settings to resolve this issue.
- Use a reputable VPN service to resolve the BBC iPlayer 02001 error on your Firestick.
- You must also update the firmware on your Smart TV by following the steps outlined below.
How To Fix This Error?
1. Resetting The Internet Connection
- To begin, restart your computer. If this does not resolve the iPlayer error, please upgrade your internet connection. Simply disconnect and reconnect the device to the internet.
- Simply disconnect and reconnect the cable if you are using a wired connection. You must log off and on again through the device settings to use a wireless connection.
- Consider performing a modem/router reset as well. Turn off the modem/router and wait 10 minutes before restarting.
2. Using A Trusted VPN
- BBC iPlayer is the BBC’s excellent online streaming, TV, and radio service for UK viewers. Using a VPN service appears to be the best solution for those who do not live in the UK but still want to enjoy their content.
- Furthermore, due to geographical constraints, error 02001 may occur, rendering further streaming impossible.
- However, a reputable VPN service will quickly resolve this issue. Our VPN recommendation allows you to access geo-restricted content such as BBC iPlayer and many others.
- You also get the best data encryption and secure connections available.
- If you want to stream BBC iPlayer media, the VPN service listed below provides unlimited bandwidth and thousands of available servers.
3. Install And Reinstall
- On the remote control, press the Home button, then select APPS, then Options.
- You can now delete iPlayer by selecting it.
- Go to the APPS menu by pressing the Home button on the remote.
- To access the Samsung Store, click the application icon.
- You can manually search for the iPlayer and install it here.
- Check to see if this solves the problem after installation.
4. Smart tv Firmware Update
- On the remote control, press the Menu button.
- Select Software Update from the Support menu.
- Select Update Now and then Yes if updates are discovered.
With A USB Drive
- The model of your device can be found on the back of the TV or in the device menu under Support.
- Navigate to Samsung’s official website, enter your device model, and download the updates to a USB drive.
- Make a copy of the update files after extracting the archive, and make sure the USB drive is formatted as FAT32.
- Connect the USB storage device to the TV and select Support from the menu.
- Choose Software Update, and then look for the option to update the software with a USB stick.
- The updated files will be found automatically by the device.
- Confirm the update installation and allow the process to begin automatically.
And that’s all there’s to it. Following the steps provided above will allow you to easily fix this BBC error and remove any disturbance.
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions/suggestions, please let us know in the comments down below.