The Emulator might continue to crash in Windows 10 for a variety of reasons, including an outdated driver or other software interference. Check your antivirus settings or the built-in security solution in Windows to resolve this error. When all of your PC’s games crash, make sure to test your computer hardware.
How To Prevent Dolphin From Crashing?
1. Some General Fixes
- Disable your antivirus.
- Disable the Firewall.
- Check the time and date.
- Reset the apps.
- Reset the Microsoft Store process.
- Clear Microsoft Store cache.
- Re-register ownership on Microsoft Store and Apps.
These are some general fixes you should try if any app stops working on windows. If none of these work, read further.
2. Dolphin Freezing
- Shader Compilation could be to blame for the freezes. You can avoid shuttering by using the Ubershaders option, which was introduced in Dolphin 5.0-4869 and later.
You can also try the following methods to ensure a smooth experience while using dolphin:
- Skip EFB access from the CPU – Increases performance.
- Ignore Format Changes – The vast majority of titles are unconcerned about this, and it only provides a minor boost.
- Store EFB Copies to Texture Only – This option is enabled by default.
- Log in to your site via FTP.
- Delete all files within the /cache directory (except for the . htaccess file)
- Delete all files within the /cache_public directory
3. Dolphin Crashing
- This problem occurs when your machine has two Android SDK installations and the environment variable ANDROID HOME points to the incorrect location.
- To resolve the issue, navigate to the Android Studio settings, locate the appropriate Android SDK location, update the environment variable, and restart Android Studio / your PC.
- Switching To Open Gl Also solves this issue.
- If you switch to Open Gl, do reduce the resolution in order to get better FPS.
- To fix the crash, right-click Dolphin and select Properties.
- Check the “run this program in compatibility mode for:” box and select Windows 7. Check the box next to “run this program as an administrator” and click OK.
- Your dolphin emulator should now run without error…or crash.
These are some of the fixes you can try to prevent the Dolphin emulator from crashing. Since this error has been reported several times, it is entirely possible that it will be patched soon. So keep checking for updates.
If you have any queries/suggestions, please let us know in the comments below.