In this article, we will look at how to resolve Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com errors and Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com certificate errors in Windows 10. You will be guided through simple steps/methods to fix the problem. Let us begin the discussion.
‘Error in entitlement.diagnostics.office.com’: It is a common Windows issue known as an Office application error. This error usually appears when you attempt to open the Outlook app in the Office 365 suite. This error indicates that you are unable to launch and use the Outlook app in Office 365 on your device for a variety of reasons. This error may also appear if you attempt to create a new profile or if the Outlook client is running.
Why Does This Error Occur?
- There could be several causes for the problem, including an older domain name still in use, or an incorrect hostname.
- If you are unaware, Microsoft collects diagnostic data when you use Office 365 and OneDrive to keep your app secure, improve its performance, and provide a more personalized experience.
- Microsoft 365 gives you control over Windows diagnostic data, which allows you to review and test your privacy settings from any Office 365 application.
- Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com error is one of the Required Diagnostic Data that checks the entitlement of your Office 365 app.
- If the certificate is missing, the error message ‘Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com error’ or ‘Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com certificate error’ appears.
- Our instructions can help you resolve the problem.
1. Verify Certificate Name
- Select ‘View Certificate’ when confronted with an Outlook Security Certificate error.
- Click ‘Issued to Name’ under the ‘General’ tab and see if the name on the certificate matches the name on the mail server.
- If the certificate does not match, modify the name and restart Outlook.
2. Modify The Outgoing SMTP Port
One possible solution is to change the outgoing SMTP port in the Outlook app.
- Open the Outlook app, select the ‘File’ tab, then the ‘Info’ tab, and finally the ‘Account Settings’ tab in the right pane.
- Select your email account and press ‘Change’ in the ‘Account Settings’ window, under the ‘E-Mail’ tab.
- Click ‘More Settings,’ and then the ‘Advanced’ tab. To save the changes, change the Outgoing Server SMTP port and click the ‘Ok’ button. After that, see if it works for you.
3. Use Your Hosting Domain Name As The Mail Server
- Another possible solution is to use your hosting’s domain name as the mail server.
- Because the hosting provider does not renew the SSL certificate for each domain and only uses domain certificates, an Entitlement.diagnostics.office.com error security alert is generated.
- In order to fix this, you can use the domain name of the hosting company rather than the domain name of the mail server.
Also read:- [Fixed] Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8 For Windows 10 Version 1803 For X64 (Kb4486153) – Error 0x80080008
The preceding article summarizes how to repair Outlook certificate errors; by following the manual methods listed above, you can easily repair the error.
Use the comment section below if you have any further questions about the Outlook error.