Is Vodafone error 38 interfering with your mobile connectivity while you’re on the go? The following is a comprehensive guide to why the problem appears in the first place and what you should do to fix it.
Mobile phones have progressed from being simple communication devices capable of sending text messages and making phone calls. The smartphone can manage your social network on the internet, keep a portion of your financial data, and serve as a portal to the world of streaming entertainment.
The Vodafone error 38 is well-known among the community provider’s users in Europe and Asia, and is usually indicated by the message “Error 38: Unable to deliver SMS.”
In this article, we shall investigate this error, and try to provide some solutions.
Why Does This Error Occur?
Because many Vodafone customers have encountered a specific problem in various areas, it cannot be linked to a specific location. Based on public forums, we believe the Vodafone network error 38 can occur for the following reasons:
- There is a poor or non-existent Vodafone network provider policy in the area from which the SMS was sent.
- The issue arose as a result of a conflict between the preset system configurations and the network provider’s settings.
- There is an issue with all of the SIM card requirements.
How To Fix This Vodafone Error?
Fix – 1: Restart Your Device
Turning away and onto your phone may appear to be a simple tech support repair; however, it will work more often than not. Simply restarting the phone may be all that is required to resolve the issue permanently.
- Before the boot screen appears, press and hold the Power button on your phone.
- Choose the Restart or Reboot button, depending on the brand of your mobile device, and then wait patiently.
- When the system restarts, check to see if the SMS support has been resolved.
Fix – 2: Manually Select Vodafone
The Preferences menu provides you with a number of options for dealing with the issue of low connectivity, and it may correct the Vodafone error 38 for you. The ability to select the system operator manually may resolve the issue almost immediately.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your device.
- Navigate to the Preferences > Discover the SIM & Network or Connections tab.
- If your phone only has two SIM cards, select the Vodafone SIM to change the system style.
- Begin by searching for the Network operators tab in the list.
- To turn it off, tap the toggle button next to Pick automatically.
- Wait for the device to search for available programs before selecting Vodafone as the network provider.
Fix – 3: Set SMSC Manually
Though this is usually handled by the network provider, you may have to enter the SMSC (SMS service center number) manually. To bring the correct SMSC number to your area, you’ll need to contact the Vodafone network operator.
- Open your cellular device’s dialer or phone program.
- Tap the knob, then enter “#4636#” into it.
- Start Phone info on another screen and scroll down to find SMSC in the list.
- To see the current number, tap Refresh.
- Input the SMSC amount obtained from the system operator, then press Update to complete the operation.
4. Reset Network Settings
If all of the repairs you’ve tried have failed, the only thing left to do is to reset the system settings. This option allows you to delete all saved Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Mobile Network settings. If nothing else worked to resolve the Vodafone error 38, perform a community reset on the phone.
- Navigate to the phone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to find the Backup & Combine option.
- Locate and open the Network configurations reset and tab.
- Wait until the procedure is finished before pressing the Reset Settings button.
- After uninstalling your device’s system settings, reboot your Android to refresh everything and start over.
Also read:- [Fixed] Error Code: WUC- 1002 Spectrum Error In 4 Easy Steps
Mobile network issues, such as Vodafone error 38, are fairly common, as are problems with other network operators. Because numerous devices operate on the same network at the same time, complications are to be expected. We anticipate that the above-mentioned measures will resolve the connectivity issues.
If you have any questions regarding the fixes or the error in general, please let us know in the comments down below.