“I’m running the latest iOS 13.5 on an iPhone X.” I set up Face ID, and it worked fine for a few months before it couldn’t recognize my face. I reset the Face ID, but when I tried it again, it said “Face ID not working, move iPhone lower.” It makes no difference how much I move the phone.”
This problem first appeared in iPhones in 2017, and most devices were fixed after an iOS update. Although this issue is less common nowadays, it still affects some iPhone X-11 devices. In this article, we’ll look at why your iPhone displays this message and how you can fix it without visiting an Apple store.
Reasons Behind This Error
When there are software or hardware problems, the message will frequently appear. As previously stated, most people’s problems are resolved by updating their iPhones to the most recent version of iOS. However, some devices only require a quick fix, such as a Face ID reset or a reboot.
- If the issue is not caused by software, it could be caused by front-facing sensors such as the Infrared Camera, Dot Projector, Ambient Light Sensor, or Flood Illuminator.
- If you recently replaced the screen on your iPhone, the problem could have been caused by the pins that connect the earpiece to the motherboard.
- In this case, contact the technicians who replaced the screen and have them check to see if the pins are properly connected.
1. Restart iPhone
The first step in resolving the ‘Face ID not working move iPhone Lower’ issue should be to restart your iPhone.
Here’s how to restart an iPhone X and later model:
- Hold down the volume up/down and side buttons while waiting for the power off slider to appear.
- When the slider appears, drag it to turn off the iPhone.
- Wait 30 seconds before turning on the phone. Start it by pressing and holding the side button (on the iPhone’s right side) until the Apple logo appears.
- When it restarts, try using the Face ID.
2. Check For Updates
The next solution is to check for iOS updates. Make a backup of your data on iCloud or iTunes before performing any updates. This will keep you from losing any important data. Here’s how to see if there are any updates:
- Connect to the internet by plugging your iPhone into an outlet and using Wi-Fi.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Install if you see a software update. There may be a message asking you to uninstall apps temporarily because iOS requires more space for the update.
- You can proceed by clicking Continue if you don’t mind reinstalling them later.
- If you want the updates to be installed while you sleep, select Install Tonight. Just make sure to connect the iPhone to a power source before going to bed.
- Check to see if the facial ID has been fixed after installing the update. If not, it’s time to move on to the next option.
3. Reset All Settings
If your iPhone X’s Face ID does not recognize you when you unlock it, try resetting all of the settings. You do not lose any data by doing this, but rather reset the device to its default settings.
This trick frequently resolves issues such as Wi-Fi disconnection. Here’s how to do so:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings.
- The iPhone X Face ID problem should be resolved by following the steps outlined above, but if not, continue reading for additional solutions.
4. Factory Reset
After backing up your iPhone, you should be ready to perform a factory reset. This will wipe your device clean, so make a backup before proceeding. Here’s how to restore your iPhone:
- Navigate to Settings>General>Reset and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you have an iCloud backup set up, your device will prompt you to update it in order to avoid losing unsaved data. Back up first, then Erase.
- Enter your passcode (if you have one) and you’ll see a warning box with the words ‘Erase iPhone’ in red. Select this.
- To complete this action, you must enter your Apple ID password. Your iPhone will be wiped, and you will be returned to the initial setup screen that appeared when you first received the device.
- Plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac and you should be prompted with a ‘Restore iPhone’ button, which will then completely reset your iPhone.
Also read:- [Solved] How To Approve iPhone From Another Device? – 2022
With the steps outlined above, your Face ID should be operational. However, if you have tried all of the steps and are still having problems, you should contact Apple Support. Explain to them every step you took to solve the problem and wait for their feedback.
If you have any doubts regarding any of the fixes suggested by us, please leave them in the comments down below.