When Facebook refuses to send security codes, you will usually see something like this:
Please check your inbox for a message containing your code.
- Please check your phone for a text message containing your code.
- Please try again after an error has occurred.
- Something went wrong, I’m sorry.
- It was not possible to send a confirmation SMS. Please double-check your phone number and try again.
- You have requested an excessive number of SMS codes. You will have to wait another 24 hours before receiving another code.
In this article, we will investigate the cause of these errors and provide solutions to fix the same.
Why Is The Code Not Being Sent?
There are numerous underlying causes that prevent Facebook from sending or receiving a security code.
- If you see a message telling you to check your email or phone but never receive the code, it’s usually due to a configuration issue, an email problem, or a phone problem.
- If you receive a message stating that you have requested too many codes, it means you have been locked out of the system and must wait 24 hours before requesting another code.
- In the meantime, make sure your email and text messaging are operational and that the codes were not delivered to your spam folder.
How To Fix This Facebook Issue?
If Facebook isn’t sending you your security code, try the following solutions:
Check Two Factor Settings
- Examine your Facebook two-factor authentication settings. If you can log in to Facebook on your phone, check to see if you have two-factor authentication enabled.
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Security and login > Use two-factor authentication > select Text message or another method.
Code Via Email
- You will be emailed the code. If you’ve tried to get the code via SMS but haven’t received it via email yet, see if Facebook will email it to you.
- Log in to Facebook and click Resend when prompted for a code. If you don’t receive the code, click Need another way to authenticate? and enter your Facebook account’s email address.
Check Spam Folder
- Examine your spam folder. If you requested a code via email and did not receive it, check your spam folder. If you’ve mistakenly marked an email from Facebook as spam, future emails from Facebook may be routed directly to the spam folder.
Check Internet Connection
- Examine your internet connection. Check that you have internet access and that you can send and receive emails and texts. Turn on Wi-Fi and cellular data if you’re using a phone, and make sure you have a strong enough signal. If you don’t, your phone will not receive email or texts until you enter a better-service area.
- Reboot your phone. There could be a problem with your phone that is preventing you from receiving text messages or causing the Facebook app to malfunction.
- Shut down your phone completely, then restart it and check your text messages and email before sending another code request. Restarting your device is dependent on your operating system: iOS (Restart your iPhone) or Android (Restart your Android device).
This brings us to the end of this article. We hope you have no issues receiving codes from Facebook now. If none of the fixes provided above work, then your best bet would be to contact Facebook support directly.
If you have any questions regarding the contents of this article, please let us know in the comments down below.
Best of luck!