One of the most common error codes when opening the Microsoft Photos app is file system error (-805305975). Many people are perplexed by it. Today, we will discuss this error and its possible causes and solutions.
What Causes This Error?
- The file system (-805305975) error usually occurs when you try to open a file with an unknown file format using the Windows 10 photo app viewer.
- The error code 805305975 is most likely caused by software issues with the operating system where the file is saved.
- When you try to view images, the file system error -805305975 usually appears. It does, however, appear alongside other file types such as videos and music files.
- What is causing this error? We discovered that corrupted files and an outdated Windows update version are the primary causes of error code 805305975 after conducting extensive research.
- Other factors, of course, may have contributed to the error.
- Whatever the cause of the error, you can use the following methods to troubleshoot it.
How To Fix This Error?
1. Fix File System Errors
As implied by the name (file system error -805305975), something is likely wrong with your hard drive’s file system. You can easily check that by following the steps below:
- To open File Explorer, right-click the Windows icon on your desktop and select File Explorer from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll down the left pane of the next window and select This PC. Then, on the right side of the window, right-click C drive or another drive and select Properties (the drive that stores your photos). To proceed, click Properties.
- In the next window, go to the Tools tab and click the Check button. This option, as stated in the message under Error-checking, will check the drive for file system errors.
- To begin, follow the on-screen instructions. You can then monitor the scan’s progress. After scanning, you will be notified if there are any errors on the drive.
- If any errors are discovered, Windows will provide you with some options. Then select one to repair the disk.
2. Repair Corrupt Files
- If the file you are about to open is corrupted, the file system error -805305975 may appear. In this case, attempt to repair the corrupt file.
3. Install the Latest Windows Update
On the one hand, the file system error -805305975 could be caused by an out-of-date Windows version. Microsoft, on the other hand, keeps releasing new updates to add new features and fix known bugs in previous versions.
When you receive the file system error, it is therefore recommended that you install the most recent Windows update version (-805305975).
- Press the Windows and I keys to open Settings, and then select the Update & Security tab.
- In the next window, on the right, check the status of Windows Update. If updates are available, go to Microsoft’s official website to download and install the most recent Windows version.
- After that, reopen your photos to see if the error has been resolved. If not, try the methods listed below right away.
4. Reset Photo App
Individual preferences, presets, and settings for various applications may differ. If these preferences/presets conflict with each other, the overall operation of the application may suffer.
In this case, resetting the Photos app may resolve the problem. Here are the steps to take.
- Open Settings and then select Apps from the main menu.
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Photos by moving to the right side of the next window. Expand it by clicking on it, then select Advanced options.
- In the prompted window, select the Reset option. You will then receive a warning message. After you’ve confirmed the content, click Reset to begin the operation.
- Restart your computer and then open the files that caused the file system error to see if the error has been resolved (-805305975).
Also read:- [Fixed] Entitlement.Diagnostics.Office.Com Certificate Error
This post will show you the top 7 ways to troubleshoot the file system error -805305975. You can easily complete them with detailed steps and screenshots. Choose one of the available options based on your needs to resolve error code 805305875 right away!
You can discuss file system errors (-80530975) in the comments section below. Especially if you have some information we missed or perhaps did not know.