Wattpad is a fantastic initiative for new and established writers to form a social community. Users can use the platform to read books, novels, trilogies, and other materials. In general, the white background screen would not allow readers to read for an extended period of time.
Some readers prefer dark mode because it allows them to read continuously for longer periods of time. Fortunately, Wattpad’s mobile version officially supports dark mode. To change the appearance of the web version, you must install an extension.
Why Enable Night Mode?
The Night mode feature shields the reader’s eyes from bright lights. It also allows readers to read for longer periods of time.
How To Enable Dark Mode?
- Launch the app and tap the “Settings” icon from the profile.
- On the following page, select the Dark Mode option.
- When you enable dark mode, the app’s appearance will automatically change to a dark theme.
You can also set the app to use the device’s settings. It means that if you enable dark mode on your smartphone, Wattpad will activate it automatically.
- Open the Wattpad app, go to Settings, select Dark Mode, and then choose to follow the device settings. Now, go to your device’s settings and enable dark mode.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings Display and Brightness Appearance Dark.
- On Android, go to Settings > Accessibility > Display > Dark Theme.
When you launch the Wattpad app after enabling dark mode on your device, it will open with a dark background.
WattPad Dark Mode On Web Browser [Windows & Mac]
The Wattpad dark mode is only available on the mobile app and not on the desktop version of the Wattpad. However, you can use the “Turn Off the Lights” browser extension to improve your browsing and reading experience while protecting your eyes.
The extension is compatible with all major PC web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, and UC Browser.
- Go to https://www.turnoffthelights.com/ and install the browser extension.
- Right-click the newly added extension and select the Options menu.
- Select Night Mode from the left-side menu pane.
- Enable the night switch button here. When you enable the switch, a button in the bottom left corner will appear to switch between dark and light modes. You can also adjust the switch’s position.
- Now go to the Wattpad website and open the book you want to read.
- Tap the newly added Dark Mode switch.
- That’s all. The web page background will immediately change to a dark theme.
And that brings us to the end of this article. Night mode is useful as it helps reduce the load on your eyes, which is especially important if you’re reading a long story. We hope after reading this article, you are able to enable dark mode on Wattpad.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments down below.