You have far too many photo albums on your iPhone and want to get rid of them. Deleting iPhone albums is an excellent way to free up storage space and reduce clutter. In this article, you will be shown how to delete albums on your iPhone!
Why Should I Delete iPhone Albums?
Some third-party apps create photo albums on your iPhone based on the images you upload to the app. This is especially common on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter.
Because photos are relatively large files, the albums created by these apps can consume a lot of storage space. The more photos you upload to these apps, the larger the albums grow and the less storage space you have on your iPhone.
How To Get Rid Of iPhone Albums
- To delete albums on your iPhone, open Photos and scroll down to the Albums tab.
- Next to My Albums, tap the See All button.
- Then in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, tap Edit.
- Then, in the upper left-hand corner of the album, tap the red minus button.
- Finally, press the Delete Album button to delete the iPhone photo album.
- When you’re finished deleting iPhone albums, tap Done in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Am I Unable To Delete Some Albums?
Some iPhone photo albums cannot be deleted. You will be unable to delete:
- The Camera Roll on your iPhone.
- Albums are created automatically by your iPhone, such as your People and Places albums.
- Albums of various media types (Videos, panoramas, etc.).
- iTunes-synced albums from your computer
- You can delete iPhone albums that you synced from your computer, but you must do so through iTunes.
Not running out of storage is important and If you follow this guide you should be able to delete some of the albums on your iPhone and gain some additional storage. Enjoy your newfound storage and do share this article with your friends!