Facebook acquired Instagram in 2012, and now we can see a “From Facebook” message on the Instagram loading screen. After Facebook took over, they added a feature that allows users to connect their Instagram pages to their Facebook accounts. This feature allows users to easily share their posts on both platforms at the same time, providing you with a seamless social media experience.
Receiving notifications from both Instagram and Facebook can be annoying, so disconnecting your Facebook account from Instagram may be the best option for you if you don’t care about linking both accounts. Here’s a complete guide to unlinking Instagram from Facebook, so keep reading until the end.
How To Unlink Instagram And Facebook:-
For pc/mac users:-
- Instagram users can unlink their accounts from Facebook by following a few simple steps in a web browser.
- Log in to your Instagram account at the official website.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ after selecting the ‘Profile icon’ in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the page and tap the blue ‘Accounts Center’ option in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, on the next page, locate your Facebook account and tap the arrow to the right.
- Now, in the pop-up window, tap ‘Remove from Account Center’ and confirm to proceed. Your accounts will then be unlinked.
For ios/android users:-
You can also unlink your accounts using the Instagram app on your smartphone; however, the Facebook app does not allow you to do so.
- Log in to your Instagram account using your Android or iOS device.
- On the next page, click the ‘Profile Picture’ option in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, followed by the ‘three line’ options in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ options, then on the next page, click on the ‘Account Center’ option.
- Now, select ‘Accounts & Profiles,’ and then select your Facebook account on the subsequent page.
- Then, in the Accounts Center, click ‘Remove from Accounts Center’ and select the ‘Yes, Unlink’ option.
- Now your Facebook and Instagram accounts have successfully been unlinked.
This is a very comprehensive guide and ought to work for all of the platforms mentioned. If you found this guide helpful then please do share it with your friends.