You can’t seem to find an app on your iPhone? We’ll show you how to restore apps to your iPhone Home screen and how to unhide apps on an iPhone if you’ve hidden them too well.
An app may disappear from your iPhone for a variety of reasons, including being buried in a folder or being accidentally moved from the Home screen to the App Library. Whatever the reason for your inability to locate an app on your iPhone, we’ve got four surefire ways to locate hidden apps on your iPhone and restore them to your Home screen.
1. App Library Method
If an app has vanished from your iPhone’s Home screen, the first place to look is the App Library. Even if you’ve removed an app from your iPhone’s Home screen, it can be found in the App Library. Here’s how to use the App Library to restore apps to the Home screen:
- To begin, navigate to your App Library by swiping left until you’re one screen past your last Home screen page. Your App Library is made up of auto-sorting groups or folders of apps
- Swiping left to find hidden apps on iPhone will take you to your App Library.
- If you don’t see your app right away in the App Library, the quickest way to find it is to search for it. If you see it, proceed to step 4. To search, tap the magnifying glass icon in the App Library bar.
- Enter the app’s name.
- The app icon should appear in the results list. Hold down the app icon until a menu appears, then select Add to Home Screen.
2. Home Screen Method
Sometimes it’s not the iPhone apps that vanish, but the Home screen itself, in which case the App Library is useless! Apple now allows you to hide multiple apps at the same time by hiding entire Home screen pages. This, like a butt dial, can happen by accident. This is the most likely cause if all of your apps have vanished from your Home screen. To see if your iPhone has any hidden Home screen pages, do the following:
- Long press your Home screen’s background until the icons jiggle.
- Tap the bottom three dots on the screen.
- You will see all of the pages on your Home screen.
- If there is no checkmark on a Home screen, it is hidden.
- To make the Home screen page visible, tap the empty circle.
- Tap Done
3. Siri Search Method
If you’ve looked through the App Store and any hidden Home screen pages and still can’t find the app on your iPhone, it could be hidden in an app folder. Here’s how to locate missing iPhone app icons and the name of the folder where the app is stored.
- To activate Search, swipe down from the center of the Home screen. (You can also access Search from the Today View by swiping right on the first Home screen.)
- Type the name of the missing app in the search field; try to match it exactly if possible.
- If the app is on your device, the app icon will appear right under the search bar.
- If the app icon appears with an iCloud symbol, it is on your phone but needs to be redownloaded. Just tap the icon to begin the download.
- If Search App Store appears under Search in Apps, the app isn’t installed on your iPhone. However, if you tap it, you will be taken to the App Store, where you can download it.
Also read:- Is It Okay To Use iPhone While Charging
4. How To Restore An App On iPhone Or Recover Recently Deleted Apps Using The App Store
If your iPhone app is still missing, you can use the App Store to see if it’s still on your phone or if it’s been deleted. Here’s how to use the App Store to find hidden apps on your iPhone and how to restore those apps once you’ve found them.
- Launch the App Store.
- Select Search from the bottom menu.
- Then, in the search bar, type the name of your missing app.
- Tap Search now, and your app will appear!
- If there is a download icon next to the app, tap it to reinstall it.
- If Open appears, the app is still on your iPhone, and you can tap it to immediately access your app.
Also Read: – [Step By Step Guide] How To Delete Albums On Your iPhone?
These four methods will surely help the reader find hidden apps on their iPhones. If you like this article then please consider sharing it with your friends.