BeiTaAd is an adware plugin that has infested about 238 apps on the google play store. The BeiTaAd plugin infiltrates the device via bundles with Cootek applications. Once the application is installed and this malware has entered the device, users will start seeing pop-up ads on their phones after the first 24 hours.
In some cases, it may take up to 2 weeks for this malware to show its effects. In any case, this plugin can create quite a nuisance for the users. In this article, we shall discuss how this plugin can be removed.
Effects Of the BeiTaAd Plugin:
- If the adware remains on your machine/device, its pop-up ads may cause you to engage in a variety of unwanted activities.
- Due to the large number of advertisements displayed on the screen, BeiTaAd ads may begin causing regular freezes or crashes on your device and its programs.
- Furthermore, these pop-ups and pop-unders may begin to redirect you to affiliate websites, some of which may appear to be infected with malicious software.
How To Remove The BeiTaAd Plugin?
If you intend to perform the BeiTaAd removal on your own, you can refer to the instructions provided below for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Enter Control Panel into the Windows search box and press Enter or click the result.
- Select Uninstall a program from the Programs menu.
- Locate the suspicious program’s entry in the list.
- Uninstall the application by right-clicking it.
- If User Account Control appears, select Yes.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is finished before clicking OK.
- Select Go > Applications from the menu bar.
- Look for any related entries in the Applications folder.
- Drag the app to the Trash by clicking on it (or right-click and pick Move to Trash).
To completely remove an unwanted app, navigate to the Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete the following files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and press Enter or click Go.
- Look for any suspicious entries in the Application Support folder and delete them.
- Enter the /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders in the same manner, and then terminate all related .plist files.
If you follow these steps you should be able to remove this plugin from your systems. If you found this guide helpful then do consider sharing.