If you want to remove someone from an iPhone text message group, iMessage makes it easier than you might think. If you’re using iMessage group messages and someone no longer belongs in the group, you can remove them from future communications.
This tutorial will show you how to delete users, add users, mute groups, and deal with trolls in your group.
How To Remove Someone In iMessage
It can be inconvenient to be added to a particularly active group. Whatever your reason for removing someone from a text message group, the iPhone makes it simple, even if the controls are a little hidden.
If any of the following conditions exist, you will not see the ‘Remove’ option:
- Your group message has fewer than three members in total.
- There is a contact using SMS messaging – Even an iPhone can use SMS and still appear blue, which means the ‘Remove’ option is unavailable.
- Someone is operating on a non-Apple platform.
Steps To Follow
- Open the relevant group chat in your iMessage app.
- Tap the icon cluster at the top of the iMessage group.
- To open the list of group members, tap the I that appears on the right.
- Swipe left on the person’s name you want to remove and tap ‘Remove’ when it appears to the right.
- See the condition above if you are unable to swipe to reveal the ‘Remove’ option.
- When the pop-up appears, select Remove.
This removes that person from your message group immediately.
Also read:- How To See Blocked Numbers On iPhone?
Following this guide will allow you to eliminate toxic elements from your groups. Please consider the condition provided above before proceeding with the steps, as without it the option to remove will not appear.
If you have any other queries, please leave them in the comments down below. We hope you found this guide helpful!