This article contains instructions and information to assist you in scheduling a text message to send later on your iPhone, such as how to use the Shortcuts app to schedule a text and information about other apps that may be available for message scheduling.
You cannot use iMessage to send a text message at a later time. Some workarounds, however, will allow you to send messages at a later time. These require the use of either the Shortcuts app or a third-party application designed specifically for text message scheduling.
Steps To Schedule Texts On Your iPhone
- Open the Shortcuts app on your phone.
- At the bottom of the page, select the Automation tab.
- Tap Create Personal Automations if you’ve never created automation before.
- You will not see this option if you have previously created automation. Instead, tap the + icon in the upper right corner, then Create Personal Automation.
- Pick the Time of Day option.
- Set the time for when you want to send the message.
- Then, tap Month and scroll down to change the date on which you want the message to be sent. When you’re finished, press the Next button
- .On the next screen, tap Add Action.
- Select a contact from the Send Message section on the Actions menu, then tap Next.
- Enter the message you want to send in the Message field, then tap Next.
- When you’re finished, tap Done, and the automation will be set up to run according to the settings you selected when you finished the previous steps.
Follow this guide and you will have no trouble scheduling texts on your iPhone. If you found this guide helpful then do consider sharing.