Is Hulu error code 2(-998) bothering you? This error code can occur for a variety of reasons, including an outdated Hulu app, missing app files, an unstable internet connection, server issues, and others. If you’re not sure what conditions you’re in, you can try the solutions listed below to resolve this error code. Now, let’s get started.
How To Fix This Hulu Error?
Before you can resolve this error, you must first determine whether the server is under maintenance or experiencing downtime. If this is the case, all you can do is wait for the developers to fix it.
1. Check Internet Connection
Because the normal functions of Hulu are closely related to your internet connection, you must ensure that it is stable and fast. You can try the steps below:
- Convert a wireless network connection to an Ethernet cable connection.
- Restart the router.
- Increase the distance between your device and the router.
2. Check Hulu Version
If you do not update your Hulu in a timely manner, you may encounter error code 2(-998) Hulu. To update your Hulu, try the following steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Check the Library to see if Hulu needs to be updated.
To use with Android TV:
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store in Settings.
- Hulu can be found in My Apps.
- If there is an Update option next to Hulu, select it.
For Android Devices:
- Hulu can be found in the Google Play Store.
- After updating, press the Update button and reboot your device.
3. Run SFC Scan
Most likely, your Hulu app files are missing or corrupted, resulting in Hulu error code 2-998. To resolve this, run an SFC scan:
- Type cmd into the search bar to find Command Prompt, then right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the command sfc /scannow.
- Wait for the scan option to finish.
4. Clear Cache
Hulu error code 2 can also be caused by the accumulated app cache (-998). As a result, you can clear it on a regular basis.
- Navigate to Settings and select Application Manager.
- Select Hulu from the app list and then Clear Cache > Clear Data.
5. Close Unnecessary Apps
Running too many unnecessary programs and applications in the background is a bad habit because it consumes your bandwidth. Backend apps, on the other hand, may conflict with Hulu, resulting in Hulu error code 2(-998). In this case, you must terminate them to avoid this:
- Select Task Manager from the context menu by right-clicking on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the programs you want to terminate in Processes and select End Task.
- Relaunch Hulu to see if the Hulu error code 2(-998) has been removed.
If you used to watch Hulu TV shows using browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others. Some bugs in your browser could be the source of Hulu error code 2(-998). You can try another browser to see if the problem has been resolved. This has to be your last resolve though. Because we know it can be inconvenient to switch browsers.
If you have any queries regarding any of the steps mentioned, please let us know in the comments below.