Is Hulu error code 406 displayed on your streaming device? Is it possible that the code is preventing you from streaming anything? In this article, we’ll explain why the error appears on your device and how to resolve it.
What Is This Error?
- Hulu error code 406 (also known as 406 Not Acceptable) is one of the Hulu error codes that can appear when you try to stream content from Hulu. Hulu error 406 can occur when you try to watch movies, TV shows, or live streams through Hulu with Live TV.
- Hulu error code 406 is frequently accompanied by the message “406 Not Acceptable.” “The request is unacceptable.”
- What is the source of Hulu error code 406? This Hulu error code 406 could be the result of an outdated Hulu app on your device, a poor internet connection, a server configuration error, or other factors.
- So, how do you resolve Hulu error code 406? There are several methods listed below, and you can try each one to solve your Hulu error code 406 problem.
How To Fix The Hulu Error 406?
1. Restart Device
- The first thing you should do is reboot the device. Simply close the app and shut down your PC or whatever device you’re using to watch Hulu.
- If this method fails, you can try some other methods to resolve the error.
2. Check Internet Connection And Speed
- Hulu requires a strong internet connection. As a result, you should verify that your internet connection is operational.
- If so, you can check your internet speed to see if it is fast enough to stream Hulu.
3. Clear Browser Cache
If you are using a web browser to watch Hulu videos and receive this playback error, try deleting the old cache on your web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and so on. As an example, consider Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer. Then, in the upper right corner of the window, click the three-dots icon.
- Then select More tools > Clear browsing data from the menu.
- Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files before clicking the Clear data button.
4. Clear Hulu App Cache
Another cause of this Hulu bug could be a corrupted app cache. Please clear the Hulu app cache on your device and see if the issue resolves itself. If you’re streaming on Xbox One, follow these steps to clear the Hulu app cache:
- Select the Menu option. Highlight the Hulu app in My Games and Apps.
- Tap the Menu button on your controller. Then, under Manage Apps, select the Clear Saved Data option.
- On Android or iPhone, go to Settings > Storage and delete the Hulu app cache.
5. Update Hulu App
- Many errors, including error code 406, may occur if you are using an outdated version of the Hulu app.
- As a result, please update the Hulu app on whatever device you’re using.
- Then, try playing the video that previously had the error code 406 Hulu and see if the problem persists.
6. Play Video On Different Platform
- To resolve Hulu error code 406, you can use another platform to watch movies on Hulu.
- Hulu is available on a variety of platforms.
- If you use Hulu in a web browser, download the Hulu app for Windows, or try Hulu on Android or iPhone.
Also read:- [4 Easy Fixes] How To Fix The Hulu Error Code Drmcdm78?
All methods for resolving Hulu error code 406 have been provided in this short guide. If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, please leave them in the comments section.