Instagram has a massive library of filters and effects that you can apply to your photos and stories. These add charm to your stories and make them appear more exciting. But what if the Instagram app’s filters suddenly stop working? Don’t be concerned if you are experiencing the same misfortune. It’s simple to reintroduce Instagram filters. Let’s look at how to fix Instagram effects and filters that aren’t working on Android and iPhone.
How To Fix Instagram Filters?
1. Restart Phone
If your Instagram effects or filters aren’t working, the first thing you should do is restart your phone. Rebooting the device will resolve minor bugs in the app that may be causing issues with filters or effects. To restart your Android phone or iPhone, first, turn it off. Then, turn it back on.
2. Update The App
- If restarting the Instagram app does not restore the filters, try updating the app. Occasionally, the filters or effects will not work due to a bug in the Instagram app. Such issues should be resolved by updating the app.
- Search for Instagram in the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iPhone). To update the Instagram app, click the Update button next to it. Restart your phone after it has been updated. Hopefully, the filters will be available again on Instagram.
3. Clear Cache
If Instagram filters and effects aren’t working on your Android phone, try clearing the Instagram app’s cache. Clearing the cache removes only temporary files and has no effect on your Instagram data or personal files on your phone. It is completely risk-free.
To clear the cache for the Instagram app, perform the following steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to Apps, then Instagram.
- Tap on Storage, then select the Clear cache option.
- Reboot the phone.
4. Log Out
Logging out of your Instagram account is another simple solution. This has also assisted many Instagram users in resolving the filter not working issue.
Follow these steps to log out of your Instagram account:
- To access the profile screen in the Instagram app tap the profile picture icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings from the three-bar icon at the top.
- Scroll down and press the Log out button.
- Reboot the phone.
- Then, sign in to your account again.
5. Grant Face And Hand Effect Permission
If you haven’t already, you may need to grant face and hand effects permission in the latest versions of the Instagram app in order to use Instagram effects properly.
- Go to your profile page in the Instagram app.
- Select Settings > Privacy from the three-bar menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Face and hand effects. Enable the Allow face and hand effect toggle.
6. Re-install Instagram
If none of the above methods work, reinstall the Instagram app. You must first uninstall the app in order to do so. Then reinstall it.
Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram to uninstall the Instagram app from your Android phone. Select Uninstall.
Similarly, on iPhone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Tap Instagram and then select the Delete app option.
Also read:- How To Disconnect Facebook From Instagram: Easy Guide To Follow
There you have it. These are the best fixes to the filter problem according to us. Now you can freely add your favorite filters. We hope you found this guide helpful.
If you have any queries about any of the fixes, please let us know in the comments down below.