With each new iPhone, the camera glass appears to protrude slightly more, increasing the likelihood of it breaking. Many users have wondered whether shattered iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro camera glass can be repaired or if the entire rear of the phone must be replaced. Below, we’ll look at how feasible this repair is.
How To Fix The iPhone Lens?
The ability to replace the camera glass on an iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro is dependent on the extent of the damage. The outer glass serves as a protective cover and is not a component of the camera lens. So, if only this part is broken, users have a few options.
However, if the camera itself is damaged, users will need Apple to replace it because the camera module must be paired with the phone in order to function properly.
If the only thing that needs to be repaired is the outer protective glass, you have a few options:
- Apple should fix it (recommended)
- Replace it by going to a third-party repair shop.
- You can fix it yourself.
Let us discuss each of these options one by one:
1. Apple Should Fix It
- Users who have AppleCare+ or are in the process of signing up for AppleCare+ should do so. As long as only the camera glass is damaged, the maximum charge should be $99.
- For that price, Apple will either replace the device entirely or replace the camera glass.
2. Third-Party Replacement
- There are many excellent third-party phone repair shops available, and depending on where a user lives, this may be their only option.
- However, not all of them produce work of equal quality.
- If Apple botches a repair, it will replace your phone; if someone else does it, you will be left to figure out what to do.
3. Fixing It Yourself
- The iPhone 13’s back is a large sheet of glass, but the camera glass is separate. As a result, users can carefully remove any splintered glass, heat the lens cover to loosen the glue, and then remove it.
- There are kits available that claim to replicate the dimensions and quality of the original glass
- I strongly advise most people to avoid the third step.
- Removing and replacing the camera glass requires skill, and it is all too easy to make a mistake and damage the camera or leave dust underneath the glass.
We hope you found this guide helpful. Again, I would like to repeat the warning, if you’re trying to fix it yourself, make sure you do so only if you have experience and technical skills. This is a small problem and will be fixed quite easily by a professional.
If you have any queries, please let us know in the comments below.