Do you have the same issue where your laptop only works when plugged in? If you answered yes, I’m glad you came across this article because I’ve compiled a list of solutions that will solve your problem, especially if you have a Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba, or MSI laptop.
In this article, you will learn why your laptop only works when it is plugged in and how to easily fix it.
Why Does This Happen?
There are a few reasons why a laptop may not work when not plugged in. Some of them are listed below:
- Drivers are required for specific hardware to function properly. The hardware will not function properly if a driver is not properly installed, corrupted, or uninstalled.
- Your battery is your computer’s secondary power source after it has been charged, so if your laptop won’t turn on without a charger, it could be a problem with your battery.
- Remember that your laptop battery is the main suspect here, and we must consider all possibilities. In this case, you could have had a low battery all along.
- Power settings or power plans on your laptop are configured to optimize your laptop’s battery based on how you want it to perform. Changing from one power plan to another must have caused conflicts, which is why your laptop isn’t recognizing your battery.
Now that we’ve understood the reasons, let us take a look at some of the solutions
Try the methods provided below to solve this issue:
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug your charger
- Unplug or detach your battery (disconnect battery cable for inbuilt battery).
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Only reconnect your battery.
- Turn on your laptop while the charger is unplugged.
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug your charger and battery.
- Unplug any USB devices from your laptop.
- Remove the back cover of your laptop to reveal the motherboard.
- Remove the CMOS battery. (It resembles a coin.)Hold down the power button for 40 seconds.
- Connect your charger first, then reconnect your battery.
- Start your computer.
If these methods don’t work you should try the following:
- Remove and reinstall battery drivers.
- You should also try updating your windows OS.
Also read:- How To Hack Pldtfibr Using A Laptop: Quick And Easy Method
Laptops lag behind desktops in almost all regards except portability. If you take away portability (which in this case you will be) then a laptop is more or less a less powerful computer.
Therefore, this is a problem that cannot go ignored. Try using the methods provided above, and if none of them work, then contact customer service immediately.
Let us know what you think about this topic and the performance of laptops in general. And share this article with your friends going through the same problem.