When playing Call of Duty on their Windows PC or Xbox device, many gamers reported the error message “Memory Error 0-1766.” According to the gamers, when they launch the game, it crashes indefinitely, causing the game to close unexpectedly and the players to be kicked out. Well, COD warzone is the clear winner of the game, creating a buzz around the game and attracting a large player base despite the fact that it is a free-to-play game.
Despite its popularity, the game is not without flaws; users have reported issues such as Disconnected Due to Transmission Error, warzone won’t load, and many more. So, if you’re in the same boat as me, don’t worry. We have compiled a list of potential working fixes, along with step-by-step instructions for correcting the error. But first, let’s look at what’s causing the error.
What Causes This Warzone Error?
- Poor Internet Connection: Check your internet connection and switch to a better or wired connection if your current network’s internet speed is poor or unstable.
- Background Applications: If you have a lot of applications and programs running in the background, they can slow down COD Warzone and cause this problem.
- Lowering the display settings has solved this issue for many players because higher display settings can cause the game to laggy and slow, which may cause this issue.
- Resetting the MAC address may help you resolve this issue if it is conflicting with the game and preventing it from establishing a connection.
- Corruption of game files: If some of the game files are corrupted or missing in the installation folder via the game client, this may cause the error, so scanning and repairing the game files may help.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers: GPU drivers are critical for the proper operation of games and apps. Check to see if your graphics drivers are outdated or incompatible, and then update them.
- Outdated Game: If you haven’t updated the game in a while, check to see if Ubisoft has released any patches or latest updates, and then install them.
Possible Fixes To This Error
1. Check Internet Connection
A poor or unstable internet connection can prevent the game from establishing a connection with the game server, resulting in this error. If you notice that your device is unable to obtain the proper speed from the router, try the methods listed below:
- To improve internet speed, connect the Ethernet cable directly (it is recommended to play games always with a wired connection as this offers uninterrupted access.)
- You can also try another WiFi network or a 5GHz band to get faster speeds.
- You can also restart your router by pressing and holding the power button on the back of the router.
- Disconnect any other devices that are connected to the same router.
- Connect to your ISP to resolve any internet issues.
2. Update The Game
If you haven’t updated the game in a long time, update it and check for any updates or patches available before installing them to fix an error when launching Call of Duty. To update the game, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Games library in the Battle.net client.
- Now, go to Warzone and select the settings icon to the right of the play button.
- Then, if available, select the check for updates option and download the updates.
- Now, launch the COD warzone game and see if your error has been resolved.
3. Change Display Settings
This solution is designed specifically for Xbox users; many players reported that lowering the display settings helped them resolve the error. You can also give it a shot. To reduce the Xbox display settings, follow the steps outlined below.
- On the controller, press the Xbox button.
- To open Settings, click the gear-shaped icon on the right side.
- On the left side, select Video and Sound, and then click on the video output.
- If the resolution is set to 4k, reduce it to 1080p.
- And then, in the Advanced section, select the Video Modes option.
- Uncheck the Allow 4K and Allow HDR boxes.
That brings us to the end of this article. if you follow this guide and apply the fixes properly, you’ll be up and running soon, and will not have to worry about being disturbed while playing Call Of Duty Warzone.
If you have any queries/suggestions, please leave them in the comments down below.