The Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality (VR) headset that has grown in popularity over the years.
Many people have reported charging issues, and did you know that you can charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers without a dock?
Fortunately, these issues are easily resolved, and in today’s guide, we’ll show you the best ways to do so, so keep reading.
Why Is The Oculus Not Charging?
There are several causes for this, the most common of which are as follows:
- Battery overheating
- soiled USB charging port
- Charger incompatibility
- The power source that isn’t working
There are numerous methods for troubleshooting Oculus Quest 2 not charging. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix your headset’s charging problems.
How To Fix The Oculus Quest 2 Not Charging?
1. Check Battery Status
- Launch the Oculus app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to Settings and then Devices.
- You’ll see your connected Oculus Quest 2 and its battery status under Controller or Headset.
- The battery indicator light indicates whether or not your headset is charging. There are three different types of lighting.
- The red color indicates that the headset battery is low, but if your Oculus Quest 2 displays a red light while charging, it indicates that something isn’t working properly.
- The orange light indicates that the VR headset is charging, while the green light indicates that it is fully charged.
- If your Oculus Quest 2 charging light is not on, you should try another solution.
2. Let The Battery Cool Down
- While charging your device can cause the battery to overheat, you can use your Oculus Quest 2 while charging.
- However, it has the potential to drain the battery faster and prevent it from charging. If the Oculus Quest 2 overheats, unplug it from the power source and turn it off for a while. T
- his will allow the battery to cool down.
- Hold the power button until the indicator light on the front of the headset turns off and the power down chime plays to turn off your headset.
- This ensures that the headset is completely turned off and not in sleep mode.
3. Restart Or Soft Reset
- Hold down the Volume and Power buttons at the same time.
- Using the volume controls, select the Boot device option from the menu.
- While the boot device option is highlighted, press the power button to select it.
- Your headset will be reset.
Rebooting your headset is one of the simplest ways to ensure your battery charges. The reboot is known as a soft reset because, unlike a factory reset, it does not delete your files on the headset.
4. Use Original Charger
- The Oculus Quest 2 headset can be charged using any USB-C cable and adapter.
- Using the original charger, on the other hand, is the best option.
- Because it may not meet the voltage requirements of your device, a different adapter may damage the charging system.
- It may not charge if you use a different adapter, so always use the default adapter.
The Oculus Quest 2 is a fantastic tech accessory that you can own even if you’re not particularly tech-savvy, and it’s critical that you can use your device without any charging issues. Following the steps above will help you fix any charging issues that you might have.
If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments down below.