If you play PS4 frequently, you may come across the “cannot start application ce-32809-2” error. What causes this error and how can it be effectively fixed? We will thoroughly analyze this error in this post and provide you with some available fixes.
Causes Of This Error
When you try to launch certain games or applications on your PS4, the error ce-32809-2 will appear. The error can occur with both purchased and physical media. The error code ce-32809-2 is typically accompanied by the message “Cannot start the application.”
What causes the ce-32809-2 error on the PS4?
- We discover some elements that can cause the error after investigating several cases.
- If you experience any of the listed symptoms with your PS4 console, you can resolve the issue using the solutions provided.
- The PS4 cannot start application ce-32809-2 error can be caused by factors such as firmware inconsistency, firmware glitch, verify license failure, license inconsistency, corrupted PS4 database, and potential system file corruption.
- Based on the reasons stated above, you can now resolve the PS4 error ce-32809-2.
Solutions To This Error
1. Restart PS4
- The first step in resolving PS4 error ce-32809-2 is to restart the console. It has been shown to be effective in resolving some PS4 errors, such as the cannot start application ce-32809-2 error.
- As a result, it is worthwhile to give it a shot.
- Hold the PS button on the game console and select the Restart PS4 option from the prompted Power Options menu to restart the PS4. Then wait for the finish of the restart process.
- When the process is complete, restart the game or application to see if the error code ce-32809-2 is still present.
2. Power Cycle
Corrupted temporary data will be generated as a result of an unexpected system interruption or a bad update. While these data can cause inconsistency in the operating system, resulting in PS4 error ce-32809-2.
- Instead of entering hibernation mode, turn off the game console.
- Hold down the Power button until your console’s fans stop working completely.
- The console will make two short beep sounds during this process. When you hear the second beep, immediately release the Power button.
- Then, disconnect the power cable from the power outlet. Wait a few seconds (about 30 seconds) for the remaining power in the console to drain, then reconnect the cable.
- Turn on the console as usual and launch it to see if the error ce-32809-2 has been resolved. If not, consider other options.
3. Rebuild PS4 Database
The error ce-32809-2 can also be caused by a corrupted PS4 database. Hard disk failure or fragmentation, storage media corruption, accidental data deletion, PS4 system software installation or update failure, file header corruption, unexpected system shutdown, and other factors can all contribute to a corrupted database.
There are three possible solutions for a corrupted database. The first option is to rebuild the database. Here’s how you do it.
- To open the Power Options menu, press the PS button on the console and then select the Turn Off PS4 option. Wait until the console is completely turned off.
- Hold down the Power button until you hear two beeps. The beeps indicate that you have successfully entered Safe Mode.
- Connect a USB-A cable to the front of the PS4 and a DualShock 4 controller.
- Then, scroll down the prompted menu to find the option to Rebuild Database. To begin the operation, click on this feature and press X.
- The total rebuilding time varies depending on the size of your hard drive and the type of drive technology and can range from a few minutes to hours.
Also read:- How To Fix Echo On Mic PS4 In Three Easy Steps? – Guide 2022
To summarize, this post examines the potential causes of the PS4 error ce-32809-2 as well as some available solutions. You can easily resolve the problem using the methods provided. If you have any new ideas about this error, please leave them in the comments section.