If you’re one of the lucky few who has a PS5, the last thing you want to see is a blinking blue light. While it’s not as serious as the Xbox 360’s red ring of death, it’s an error you don’t want your new console to have. Fortunately, there are several methods for bypassing the blinking blue light and repairing your PS5. We’ve got all the information you need to get rid of that pesky blue light on your PS5.
How To Fix This Error?
To resolve the PS5’s blinking blue light, players should:
- To begin, start the console in safe mode.
- Ascertain that you have saved all of the data on your SSD.
- Hold down the power button until two waves of beeps are heard.
- The console will now be in safe mode, allowing you to begin troubleshooting the issue.
The first step after entering safe mode is to ensure that your system software is fully updated. A significant new system update was recently released, so make sure your console is up to date. Large updates like these always include fixes and patches, so double-check.\
If none of the fixes listed above worked for you then don’t worry, try the methods given below:
- If your system software is up to date but you still see the blinking blue light, there are several other things to try.
- Selecting the Rebuild Database option in safe mode will comb through your SSD for any corruptions, which may help resolve the issue.
- The good news is that it has no effect on the data on your SSD, so your files will remain safe even if you do it. As a result, this is a safe next step.
- If the problem persists, your last option is to completely reset your PS5.
- This is also accomplished in safe mode, via the Reset PS5 menu. As this option will completely wipe your console, make sure you’ve backed up your data externally or in the cloud. It should also resolve any issues.
Since it’s very difficult to get your hands on a ps5 owing to it’s great demand in the market, it can be understandably frustrating to encounter this error. But fret not, fixing this error will be easy if you follow the steps given above.
If you have any queries regarding this error or the fixes provided above, you can leave them in the comments down below.