This guide contains Sonic the Hedgehog 2 cheats, hints, Easter eggs, secrets, and tips. We will continue to update this page as we discover new cheats and tips.
So keep reading to find the best Sonic 2 cheat codes and cheat codes
Sonic 2 Secrets
Some secrets of Sonic 2 and how to unlock them:
1. Level Select
- To access level select, go down past 2 Player Vs and select Options on the title screen.
- Hover over Sound Test, then play the numbers 19, 65, 09, and 17. If you did everything correctly, you should hear a sound effect similar to collecting a ring.
- Then, while still on Sound Test, press Start to return to the Title Screen.
- If you press Start while in Player Select, you will skip the title screen and will be unable to use the level select option.
- When you get to the title screen, select 1 Player, hold A, and press Start.
- This will bring up a Level Select screen, where you can select a level and press Start to begin working on it.
- To enable Debug Mode, use the above cheat code to open the level select screen and play the following sounds in the following order: 1, 9, 9, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4. If you did everything correctly, you should hear a sound effect similar to picking up a ring, after which you should hold A and press Start before selecting your level.
- When you enter a level, you will notice that your score contains random numbers and letters, indicating that you are in Debug Mode.
- To begin using Debug Mode on a level, press B to transform Sonic or Tails (whichever character you’re controlling) into a random sprite from the zone you’re in.
- Use the directional buttons on the D-pad to move the sprite around, then press C to place that sprite in your current location.
- To change the sprite you’re currently using, press A, and you’ll be able to cycle through the sprites available on the zone you’re playing on. If you press B while a sprite is selected, you will revert to Sonic or Tails.
3. Secret Ending For Tails
- If you beat the game with Tails instead of Sonic, a secret ending for Tails will be unlocked.
- To play as Tails, go to the options menu (located on the Title Screen under 2 Player Vs) and select Tails Alone under Player Select.
Sonic 2 Best Cheats
The cheat codes listed below are for Game Genie. You can use these on a Sega Genesis with a Game Genie device, or on any emulator that supports Game Genie Codes. If you want a Game Genie Device, you can always look for one on Amazon.
|Cheat Effect||Cheat Code|
|Become Super Sonic With 0 Emeralds||ACZT-CACA / ACZT-CACN|
|Become Super Sonic With 5 Rings||A0ZT-CACJ / A0ZT-CACN|
|Jump A Lot Higher||EBVT-CAE2 / EBVT-CAE2|
|Jump Really High||CBVT-CAE2 / CBVT-CAE2|
|Play Normal Level Music When Super Sonic||ADFT-8AF6|
|Sonic Doesn’t Lose Rings When Hit||ATTT-CA4W / ATTT-CA58|
|Sonic Stays Invincible|
Note: You must first obtain Invincibility (Star)
|ALTA-CA9J / ALTA-CA9Y|
|Sonic Stays Invincible For A Longer Time After Getting Hit||982T-CAF8 / 982T-CAGL|
|Super Sonic Doesn’t Use Rings||ACZT-CAFY / K4ZT-CA92|
|Tails Doesn’t Lose Rings When Hit||ATTT-CA5G / ATTT-CA6W|
|Turn On Debugger||AE7T-AAE2|
|Player 1 – Each Ring Gives You 2 Rings||SAST-DJ1A / SATA-DJTJ|
|Player 1 – Each Ring Gives You 5 Rings||SAST-DY1A / SATA-DYTJ|
|Player 1 – Each Ring Gives You 8 Rings||SAST-DA1A / SATA-DATJ|
|Player 1 – Start With 5 Lives||AY8A-AAD2 / AY8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 7 Lives||A68A-AAD2 / A68A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 9 Lives||BE8A-AAD2 / BE8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 25 Lives||DE8A-AAD2 / DE8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 50 Lives||GJ8A-AAD2 / GJ8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 75 Lives||KN8A-AAD2 / KN8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Start With 99 Lives||NN8A-AAD2 / NN8A-AADN|
|Player 1 – Infinite Lives||JW3A-CA4J / JW3A-CA4Y|
|Player 2 – Each Ring Gives You 2 Rings||SATA-DJVW / SATA-DJW8|
|Player 2 – Each Ring Gives You 5 Rings||SATA-DYVW / SATA-DYW8|
|Player 2 – Each Ring Gives You 8 Rings||SATA-DAVW / SATA-DAW8|
|Player 2 – Start With 5 Lives||AY8A-AAD8 / AY8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 7 Lives||A68A-AAD8 / A68A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 9 Lives||BE8A-AAD8 / BE8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 25 Lives||DE8A-AAD8 / DE8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 50 Lives||GJ8A-AAD8 / GJ8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 75 Lives||KN8A-AAD8 / KN8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Start With 99 Lives||NN8A-AAD8 / NN8A-AADW|
|Player 2 – Infinite Lives||JXGA-CA7G / JXGA-CA7W|
These were all the cheats you need to know. We have also discussed all the secrets and how to unlock them. We hope you found this guide helpful.
If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments down below.