Have you been facing the “Spectrum Error Code Rlc -1002” on your Roku? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we shall explore the reasons behind this error, as well as the various fixes you can apply.
First, let us understand the reason behind this error’s occurrence.
- The Spectrum error code RLC-1000 indicates that your internet connection is slow or unstable.
- To begin resolving this issue, reset the network connection and proceed with the steps outlined in this guide.
Now let us go through the fixes available one by one.
How To Fix This Error?
1. Reset Network Connection
When you receive the Spectrum error code RLC-1000, the first thing you should do is reset your connection. Don’t just restart your router; instead, follow these steps to properly reset your connection.
- To begin, turn off your WiFi router and Roku device. Turn off these for about 15 seconds before turning them back on.
- If the first step fails to resolve the error, disconnect your Roku from the network, reconnect it, and try again.
- If both of the preceding steps fail, you can now reset the entire connection.
- Unplug the TV, router, and Roku from the power source as well as the internet. After about 1 minute, reconnect them all.
2. Power Cycling
- To begin, disconnect the router, Roku, and modem from the power source and internet service.
- After that, with all three devices disconnected, press and hold the router’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
- After that, reconnect the devices to the power source.
- Connect them in the following order: modem first, router second, and Roku last.
- Allow one device to completely boot before connecting the next.
- Next, grant access to the router.
- Check to see if the Spectrum error code RLC-1000 message still appears.
3. Uninstall And Reinstall
- Navigate to My Channels on the Roku.
- Then, from the list, find the Spectrum TV channel and press the asterisk (*) button on the Roku remote.
- Select the Remove Channel option from the menu and press OK on the remote.
- Then, using your Roku remote, navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Then, click Search, then Spectrum TV, and finally Install.
- Sign in to your account and then accept the terms and conditions.
- Finally, try to recreate the Spectrum error code RLC-1000 by launching the channel.
The Spectrum error code RLC-1000 is primarily caused by your internet connection, and the solutions provided above have assisted many users in resolving the issue.
However, if you try the methods and the Spectrum app still does not work on Roku, you should contact Roku’s customer support.
They will perform some remote troubleshooting and, if necessary, send someone over to inspect your setup.
If you have any queries, please let us know in the comments.