This page will discuss the error that you may encounter when attempting to play Spotify; a firewall may be blocking Spotify. Spotify, as we all know, is one of the best platforms for streaming music online. It is compatible with Windows and smartphones.
However, many users have reported Spotify error code, implying that a firewall is preventing them from using the platform. Worst of all, it occurs in both basic and premium accounts. If you are experiencing the same problem, don’t worry; we will provide you with a troubleshooting guide to help you resolve it.
How To Fix This Spotify Error?
1. Change Proxy Settings
The first possible cause of the problem is a misconfigured proxy server. Unfortunately, Spotify’s advanced settings automatically select this incorrectly configured proxy server. To resolve the problem, you must change the proxy server.
- To begin, open the Spotify app and sign in with your credentials. Make certain that no music is playing. Otherwise, you will encounter the aforementioned error.
- After that, select Settings from the drop-down menu under your profile picture.
- Show Advanced Settings can be found in the settings menu.
- Now, under Proxy type, click on the dropdown icon.
- Finally, choose No proxy.
2. Turn Off 3rd Part Proxy
If you have the Spotify app set to No Proxy and still receive the error, you are most likely using a third-party proxy application. To resolve the issue, you must disable the third-party proxy server on your system.
- In the first step, press the Windows + I shortcut key to open the Windows settings.
- Then, select the Network & Internet option.
- Proxy is now available for selection.
- Please select Setup next to Use a proxy server.
- Please turn off the Use a proxy server switch.
- Finally, press the Save button.
3. Change Country
You will also receive this error code if you have recently changed countries. To resolve the issue, you must change the country of your Spotify account.
- To begin, launch the Spotify app and sign in with your credentials.
- After that, tap on your profile picture and select Account.
- Then, under the Profile option, click on Edit Profile.
- Please select your current country by clicking on the dropdown icon under Country or region.
- You can now save your profile by tapping on the Save Profile button.
- Please relaunch the app to see if the problem has been resolved.
4. Allow From Windows Firewall
Custom Firewall settings can occasionally obstruct the smooth operation of an application, such as Spotify. Spotify can be prevented from communicating with the server by using firewall settings. As a result, you must allow Spotify through the Windows Firewall to ensure that it does not block any services.
Here are the steps to take:
- The first step is to open the start menu by pressing the Windows key.
- You can type Windows Firewall into the search bar and press Enter.
- Please select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- The following step is to tap on Change settings and search for Spotify music.
- Please check both the Private and Public boxes.
5. Edit The Hosts File
Another method is to edit the Hosts file in Spotify.
- To begin, launch Notepad in administrator mode on your system.
- You can use Ctrl + O in the Notepad window.
- Please proceed to the address listed below.
- You can type on the dropdown icon and select All Files in the location.
- To open the file, double-click on hosts.
- Examine the file to see if you can find the entry listed below. If so, remove it.
- If the entry is discovered, simply delete it.
- After that, you can save the file by pressing Ctrl + S.
- You can now open Spotify and see if the problem persists.
Also read:- [7 Easy Steps] Where Is Vz Media On My Phone Storage?
If none of the previously mentioned solutions have helped you resolve the issue, the last thing you can try is to reinstall the Spotify app. This error code could be caused by a temporary bug. In this case, you can resolve the problem by reinstalling the Spotify app.
If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments below.