Spotify is a music streaming service that allows you to follow friends who share your interests. You may be unable to see friend activity for a variety of reasons. You will not be able to see them in your friend list, which is a bug. I’ll go over some of the most common reasons for resolving the “Spotify Friend Activity Not Working” bug. Most of the time, this resolves itself, but if it does not, you can fix it with some basic fixes.
How To Fix This Problem?
If you have a single friend whose activities are not visible on Spotify, try unfollowing and following him/her back. This is a simple thing you can do right away to solve the problem. Second, you can try re-logging into your Spotify account and checking it again. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of this problem unless an error message appears on the screen.
- Try one more thing: check to see if you haven’t removed the friend from the list. This can also happen by accident, causing the person to be removed from the friend list. Simply repeat the steps below once to enable friends’ activity in case it has been disabled.
- Go to Settings by tapping the down arrow on the top right.
- Go to Display Options and turn on Look at what your friends are doing.
Fix – 2
- Check the Activity Tab to see if any of your friends have been accidentally hidden. When you unhide the same person, you will be able to see his/her activity.
- If the problem persists on a smartphone, uninstall the app and reinstall it. You can simply log in and log out of the desktop.
- Finally, if nothing works, there is a problem on Spotify’s end. After some time, try again, and this will be resolved.
- Spotify Friends Activity missing errors are most common on mobile. On the desktop, very few users have reported it.
- Here is a list of some of the most common solutions to the missing friend’s problem.
- Check that you are using the most recent version of the app.
- Check to see if your phone has the most recent operating system version.
- Once, restart the Spotify app.
- Log out and then back in.
- Reinstall Spotify to get back to the default settings.
Hopefully, the above tips and steps will be sufficient to get you out of the situation. Still, if you’re experiencing the same issue, it’s because of the app. You will have to wait a while for a solution. You can check until then by logging into your Spotify account on a PC or Laptop if you’re using it on a mobile phone.
If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments below.