When playing Modern Warfare, Warzone, or Vanguard, the error “Disconnected due to transmission error; status: VIGOROUS” appears. You are most emphatically not alone! This is due to a connection issue. However, your corrupted game files could also be to blame.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting guide, we’d like to point out that if you have Modern Warfare installed on an external drive, you should transfer it to your system’s main drive. Although it appears to be irrelevant, give it a shot because some gamers found it useful.
How To Fix This Error?
In order to isolate the problem, you should check the server status to see if they have temporarily shut down the servers or if they are under maintenance. If there are no reports on the server, try the following fixes:
1. Repair Game Files
Many problems can arise from corrupted or missing game files. To ensure that your game files are intact, use the Blizzard launcher’s “scan and repair” tool or Steam’s “verify the integrity of game files”:
- Launch the Battle.net desktop application.
- Select your game by clicking on its title. Then, from the list, click on the cogwheel icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Select Start Scan. Then you must wait for the repair to be completed.
2. Update Network Adapter
If you keep getting disconnected from Modern Warfare, it’s time to troubleshoot your network. Switch to a wired connection if you’re using a wireless connection.
- Check to see if your network driver is outdated or incorrectly configured, as this can cause connection issues. To resolve the issue, you must update your network driver.
- To update your network driver, use the Device Manager or go to the manufacturer’s driver download page to download and install the correct drivers for your system.
- This requires some computer knowledge and can be difficult if you are not tech-savvy.
3. Change DNS Settings
The quality of the DNS server provided by your ISP is unknown. However, using a third-party DNS service, such as Google Public DNS, may help to speed up your internet activity. Here’s how it’s done:
On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows + keys to open the Run dialog box.
- To open the Control Panel, type control and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Navigate to Network and Internet. (Remember to view the Control Panel by Category.)
- Navigate to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select your connection types, such as Ethernet, WiFi, or others.
- Choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, navigate to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties. 8) Click Use the DNS server addresses listed below:
Enter 220.127.116.11 as the preferred DNS server.
Enter 18.104.22.168 as the Alternate DNS server.
- To confirm the changes, check the box next to Validate settings upon exit and then click OK.
4. Reinstall Shaders
Shaders are used for optimization in Modern Warfare. However, there are indications that something is wrong with the installation. In this case, reinstalling shaders may resolve the issues you’re experiencing with the game. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Start your game and go to the bottom left corner and select Options.
- Go to the GRAPHICS tab. Scroll down to the Restart Shaders Installation section.
- RESTART should be selected.
This will clear the cache and reinstall the shaders automatically. When it’s finished, launch Modern Warfare and you should be able to play without encountering the transmission error.
5. Disable Antivirus
For those who received the message “Match Has Begun.” Loading capacity… Before you receive the transmission error, you should disable any antivirus software you’ve installed in case it’s incompatible with Modern Warfare. This worked for some players, so you should give it a try.
Simply click on the up arrow icon near the system tray, right-click on the program, and select the option to disable or exit the program to disable antivirus software. After that, restart Modern Warfare and see if the message still appears.
If everything else has failed, try VPN. You can avoid bandwidth throttling by connecting to a different server. However, if you use a free VPN, you may encounter a number of issues. As a result, we recommend that you use a paid VPN to secure your network.
If you have any doubts regarding any of the fixes provided above, please let us know. We hope you are able to rid yourself of this error with ease.