Nintendo Switch is a video game console developed by Nintendo that has been released in most parts of the world. It can function as a home console or a portable console. Most of the time, it works flawlessly.
However, it does occasionally go wrong. Overheating, code 2005-0003, unable to start software Switch, and other Nintendo Switch errors are possible. In fact, many people have complained about the “Switch unable to start software” problem in various forums and communities.
Fortunately, the problem can be resolved with a few simple procedures. Here are some solutions to the Nintendo Switch software not starting error. You can give it a shot!
Solutions To This Error
Fix 1: Perform A Restart
- Restarting the game console is a simple and effective way to resolve the Nintendo Switch unable to start software error, especially if the error occurs unexpectedly while accessing specific games.
- A Nintendo Switch restart will refresh the system and remove any potential bugs. Given this, it is beneficial in resolving the unable to start software Switch error.
- Press and hold the Power button at the top of the console for 15 seconds to accomplish this.
- The screen should then go dark before rebooting. After that, you’ll see the Nintendo logo on the screen, and it’ll boot up normally.
Fix 2: Update Game Software
Game updates typically include the addition of new features for a better gameplay experience as well as improvements to existing features that can fix glitches and bugs. As a result, installing the most recent game update is also an option for resolving the Switch unable to start software error.
The following are the steps for updating the game software.
- From the Nintendo Switch Home menu, select the icon for the game you want to update.
- To access the game information, press the “+” or “-” button.
- Select Software Update. To confirm the operation, use the Internet.
- A message will appear on the screen, and the update process will begin right away.
Fix 3: Reinstall Game Software
You should reinstall the digital game using the Nintendo account with which you purchased it previously.
Please follow these steps to reinstall the game software.
In the Home menu, hover over the faulty game and press the “+” button on the right Joy-Con or the “-” button on the left Joy-Con to open the game’s options menu.
- Select the Manage Software tab.
- Select Remove Software.
- Select eShop from the console’s Home menu, and then select the profile that was used to purchase the digital game previously.
- Click Redownload in the left panel.
- Then, on the right, click the download cloud icon next to the game you want to re-download.
- Wait for the download and installation processes to complete. It will then appear on the main screen.
Fix 4: Examine The Nintendo Switch Account That Purchased The Game
A faulty Nintendo account is most likely to blame for the unable to start software Switch error. Based on that, you must determine which Nintendo account purchased the game. Viewing the purchase history will reveal this.
The shopping history is accessible via the Nintendo eShop on the console or the Nintendo Account on the website. Then verify that the account is the same one that purchased the game.
Fix 5: Delete Corrupt Data
If there is corrupt data on the Switch, the game will not be able to be played. Furthermore, the corrupt data will be displayed as incomplete data, preventing the game from fully launching.
To troubleshoot the error, follow the steps below to locate and remove corrupt data from the Nintendo Switch console.
- From the Home menu, select System Settings.
- Select Data Management from the drop-down menu.
- Select Manage Software, then Check for Corrupt Data.
- Once you’ve located the corrupt data, delete it.
This post demonstrates the top 5 methods for resolving the Nintendo Switch unable to start software error. If you encounter this error while attempting to access the game, you can resolve it using the solutions provided.
If you encounter any other issues with the Nintendo Switch, please let us know in the comments section below. We would do our best to assist you.