If you live in the United Kingdom and own a Virgin Media Box, you may have tried to watch BBC One or one of Virgin Media’s exclusive boxsets only to be met with the Virgin error code V53, ‘This channel is currently unavailable,’ or to discover that you have been completely locked out of your Virgin Media services.
This error code indicates that there is a Virgin outage in your area or that a channel is unavailable due to connection problems.
When you see the error code V53 on your TV screen, the first thing you should do is check your service status in your designated area.
Let us further investigate this error and try to find some solutions:
Why Does This Error Occur?
When you see the Virgin error code V53 on your TV screen, it means that the channel you’re trying to watch is unavailable due to a connection problem, or that Virgin Media services are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
This error code will be displayed on your television as:
! V53 This channel is currently inactive.
- Some Virgin Media customers have also reported that the error code V53 has caused their internet services to stop working.
- As well as subscribers experiencing a completely blacked-out screen when attempting to launch their Virgin box.
How To Fix This Error?
1. Check If The Servers Are Functioning Normally
With Virgin Media available in the United Kingdom and Ireland, their services may occasionally experience an outage in one or more regions due to a fault with Virgin Media’s servers.
Users can check if they are in the affected area by using the error code V53, which occurs as a result of Virgin Media’s server being down.
Virgin Media customers can check their area by:
- Accessing the Virgin Media mobile app
- Entering their address into the Virgin server status
After entering your postcode on Virgin’s server status, you will be presented with a table confirming whether or not there are any current issues with one of Virgin Media’s services.
- The green tick indicates that there is no current issue.
- Current problem = an orange exclamation mark
2. Access Information Regarding The Problem
With Virgin Media actively diagnosing their issues, you will be able to select each option and read a detailed explanation of why there is a problem with your broadband or TV service, as well as an estimated time frame for when the problem will be resolved.
- You can sign up for ‘Issue Updates’ to keep track of when your Magic City on-demand box set will be available.
- You can also use ‘Downdetector’ to see if there have been any new reports of Virgin Media outages.
Also read:- [Error Fixed] Receiving Virgin Error Code C233 On Tv
Because this error code is not caused by your actual Virgin Media device or your own network configurations, users are unable to resolve this issue on their own and must rely on Virgin Media’s technicians to resolve this outage efficiently.
We hope that this guide has given you enough information to understand how and why the error code V53 appeared on your TV screen.
If you have any queries regarding any of the methods mentioned above, please let us know in the comments below.