Any application requires regular updates. Windows updates are critical to keeping your system secure and bug-free. However, in some cases, the updating process can become frustrating, such as when you encounter an error message. The error message “We Couldn’t Install Some Updates Because Pc Was Turned Off” is no exception. The error message appears when you attempt to download the most recent updates through the Settings app. The message itself is strange, especially since there was no interruption while it was downloading the update from Microsoft’s servers.
Why Does This Error Occur?
- As it turns out, the problem is usually caused by something interfering with the downloading process.
- There are numerous variables that can come into play here. For example, if you experienced a power outage while downloading the update, the error message may appear.
- When an update is not properly downloaded and a third-party factor interrupts it, it can damage the update files, preventing them from being installed on your system and prompting the error message.
- Furthermore, if something on your system interferes with the Windows Update service, the update may fail and display the error message in question.
- That being said, there are some simple workarounds you can use to get your Windows system updated without causing any problems. So, without further ado, let us get started.
How To Fix This Error?
Try the following fixes to get rid of this error:
1. Restart Update Service
The service can be restarted easily using the Windows Services window. Simply follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this:
- To begin, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R combo.
- Then, when the Run dialog box appears, type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- This will open the Windows Services window, which will display a list of all the services on your system. You must now locate the Windows Update Service. Scroll all the way down because that’s where it usually is.
- When you’ve located the Windows Update service, double-click it to open the Properties window.
- To stop the service, click the Stop button in the Properties window.
- Once the service has been stopped, click the Start button to restart it.
- After you’ve restarted the process, try updating Windows again to see if the problem persists.
2. Restart The Computer
- If restarting the Windows Update service does not resolve the problem and you continue to receive the error message while installing updates, you should reboot your computer.
- In most cases, when you encounter problems like this, all you need to do is restart your computer. Restarting your computer can often help with issues like these because it restarts all of the services.
- This is essentially the same as resetting all of the Windows update components.
- As a result, if you haven’t already, restart your system.
- After restarting your system, all services will restart and you should be able to install the updates without any problems.
3. Disable Antivirus
- Antivirus software is beneficial because it protects and secures your computer.
- They can, however, frequently cause a number of problems with your system.
- This is due to the fact that they continuously scan your system for potential security flaws as well as the processes that are running on your system, and frequently, a false positive is triggered, resulting in an issue.
- The same thing happens when the antivirus software on your system interrupts the update process while downloading the necessary files.
- In such a case, you must disable your antivirus software before beginning the update process and keep it disabled until the update is complete. As a result, disable your antivirus software and then restart the update.
- Check to see if this resolves the error message.
In the unfortunate event that the above solutions do not resolve the issue, you have the option of manually installing the problematic update. All you have to do is search for the update in the Microsoft Update Catalog, download it, and then run the installer.
If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments below.