Facebook maintains its dominance in the social media space. Millions of people use the Facebook app to share updates and communicate with their online friends. However, if Facebook keeps logging you out while you’re trying to post an update or a comment, it can be aggravating.
We spend so much time on Facebook that it is very likely that we will encounter such an issue. Whether Facebook is logging you out as a security measure or due to an app glitch, the solutions in this post can help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
Steps To Follow:
Fix – 1: Clear Cache And Cookies
Most websites no longer function unless cookies are enabled in your browser. This cache and cookie data can sometimes accumulate and cause issues, such as the Facebook app mysteriously logging you out. Clearing the cache and cookies usually helps with such strange anomalies.
Here’s how to go about it:
- To quickly launch the Clear browsing data panel in Chrome or Edge, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete on your keyboard.
- On the Basic tab, select All time from the drop-down menu next to the Time range. Mark the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files checkboxes.
Fix – 2: Change Facebook Password
- If your Facebook account password is compromised, a problem can arise. Someone else may be attempting to use the same account as you, which is why Facebook keeps logging you out.
- When this occurs, Facebook recommends that you immediately change your account password. This is how.
- Log in to your Facebook account using a web browser and go to the Settings page. From the left pane, select Security & Login.
- Click the Change Password option under the Login section on the right.
Fix – 3: Facebook Auto Login
- Auto-login is a convenient feature that almost all websites provide.
- When enabled, it saves you from having to enter your login information every time you access your account.
- It’s not the most secure method when using a shared computer, but if you’re the only one using the computer, you can use it to prevent Facebook from logging you out.
Fix – 4: Remove Third Part Access
- Have you recently linked your Facebook account to a third-party app? If that’s the case, it’s possible that those apps are causing Facebook to keep logging you out.
- Log into your Facebook account in a web browser to disable access to these third-party apps. Then, in Settings, select the Apps and Websites tab.
- To remove those apps’ access, click the Remove button next to them.
Fix – 5: Disabling Extensions
- Apart from removing third-party access, if you’ve recently installed any new third-party extensions on your browser, the issue could also arise. You can try disabling or removing them momentarily to check if that solves the issue.
- To remove extensions in Chrome, type chrome://extensions/ and press Enter. Find any suspicious extensions or ones that you no longer use and click on the Remove button to delete them.
Also read:- How To Disconnect Facebook From Instagram: Easy Guide To Follow
Facebook has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years from being just another social media platform. And, for better or worse, leaving Facebook has become nearly impossible.
We hope that the solutions provided above have helped you resolve your login issues for the time being.
leave your queries in the comments down below.