Given how quickly TikTok exploded and became a competitor to all other major social media platforms, the TikTok app is truly well-developed, and its algorithms work extremely well.
However, as the platform’s popularity grows, with TikTok now boasting 1 billion active users, some errors and glitches are unavoidable. Fortunately, the majority of the issues reported by TikTok users are easily resolved, and the platform remains at the top of the list of apps with the best UX/UI.
According to reports, users have recently been experiencing a not-so-common issue, namely that TikTok is constantly resetting and displaying the ‘welcome’ home screen to users who have been on the platform for a while.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to resolve this annoying issue and restore normalcy to your TikTok account.
As a result, if your TikTok is repeatedly resetting as if you’ve just joined the platform, read on to learn how to fix it in the article below!
Why Does TikTok Reset Automatically?
Even though there is no single cause for your problem, the following are the most common, according to user reports:
- TikTok may reset after updating the app as if it was just downloaded.
- There is no storage on the device.
- TikTok’s servers are having problems.
How To Fix This TikTok Error?
As previously stated, because it is unknown what is causing the TikTok app to constantly reset, there are several things that can be done to try to get it back up and running normally:
1. Restarting The Device
If you’re having problems with the TikTok app, and it doesn’t necessarily need to be the app resetting, restarting the device you’re using can help.
- It may appear to be extremely simple and easy, but this reboots the device’s system, giving all apps a clean slate and usually resolving any minor temporary glitches.
- Regardless of whether you’re an iOS or Android user, restart your phone, let it rest for a few minutes, and relaunch the TikTok app to see if the problem persists.
- If it is, proceed to the next solutions listed below.
2. Clearing Phone Storage
- If your device’s storage is full, all apps, not just TikTok, will experience glitches and errors.
- As a result, make sure to clear some space before relaunching the app to see if the problem persists.
- Additionally, if you’re an Android user, go through all of your phone apps and clear out the cache memory on each one (especially TikTok).
3. Clearing Cache
TikTok has a built-in option to delete unnecessary cache memory, which will optimize the app and help you get the best experience because iOS users do not have the option to clear out cache memory like Android users do.
To delete cache memory from the built-in settings, perform the following steps:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the ‘Me’ button in the bottom-right corner.
- Next, from your profile page, open ‘Settings & Privacy’ by clicking the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Clear Cache.’
4. Updating TikTok
- Another factor that could cause the TikTok app to behave strangely is if it is running an older version.
- Because TikTok is now one of the most popular social media platforms, app updates are constantly released, and some of those updates that you missed may have a fix for the bug that is causing TikTok to keep resetting.
- As a result, make sure to update your app by going to the App Store if you’re an iOS user or the Google Play Store if you’re an Android user and updating the app to the most recent release.
5. Uninstall And Reinstall
If nothing else seems to be working to resolve the TikTok issue, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
- Some bugs are impossible to remove without deleting the app entirely, so this should resolve the issue you’re having.
- Note: If none of the above solutions appear to be resolving the TikTok app issue for you, consider contacting TikTok’s support team and going over the issue in order to resolve it as soon as possible.
As TikTok has arisen as perhaps the most popular social media platform, especially amongst Gen-z, it has attracted many aspiring content creators to it. This is turn has attracted an even larger audience. But the experience is ruined when such bugs are encountered. This particular bug, you will easily able to solve if you follow the instructions provided above.
If you have any doubts related to any of the fixes recommended above, do let us know in the comments down below.